Database Administrator – Naples, FL
DESCRIPTION: Database Administrator
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
SALARY: $75,000 to $90,000
JOB LOCATION: Naples, FL (Corporate Headquarters)
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR JOB DUTIES
- Designs, implements and maintains high availability, clustered database architecture.
- Designs, implements, tunes, tests, documents, maintains and improves new database infrastructure components, applications, interfaces, replications, stored procedures etc.
- Design and execute complex database queries and data analysis in response to requests from Fischer International Identity departments including build database views for customers.
- Administers, monitors, maintains, upgrades and troubleshoots existing database infrastructure for development, staging, testing and production database environments.
- Develops, documents and maintains enterprise best practices standards and procedures for database creation, upgrades, patches, backup, restoration, replication, index maintenance, turning, monitoring, alerting and security.
- Performs regular data imports from disparate internal and external systems, ranging from weekly to monthly to meet the Fischer International Identity operational reporting requirements.
- Performs patches (as needed) in conjunction with Network Operations and System Administrators both from Fischer International Identity and customers.
- Establishes and maintains security and access controls for Fischer International Identity database systems, applications, data, indexes, database services, replication packages and processes in conjunction with Network Operations, System Administrators and customers.
- Maintains business critical replication infrastructure to ensure Fischer International Identity meets or beats its committed service level agreement(s).
- Collaborates with FII departments in the design, development, tuning and troubleshooting of database infrastructure, services, servers and applications.
- Creates and maintains documentation for databases, database infrastructure and database processes and procedures
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation, upgrade and disaster recovery requirements.
- Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintains quality and service level agreements by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Builds, maintains, administrates and supports the FII Identity as a Service database cluster.
- Keeps data secure by managing access, privileges and information migration.
- Installs database management software, translates database design and diagnoses and corrects database performance issues.
- Database Performance Tuning
- Database Security
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Problem Solving
- Presenting Technical Information
- Quality Focus
- Database Management
- Data Maintenance
- Operating Systems
- Attention to Detail
- Information Security Policies
- PostGreSQL, MySQL, Unix OS, Windows Server Platform
- Database High Availability and Cluster
- Database Backup & Restore (hot & cold)
- Automated DB monitoring and maintenance
DESIRED TECHNICAL EXPERTISE / EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with Java development technologies and web technologies
- Cloud data center administration highly desirable
Interested individuals should send resume and separate cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR - Naples, FL in the subject field, or click here.