Lead System Administrator – Naples, FL
- Leading a team of Linux and Database administrators located at different geo-locations for configuring, maintenance and monitoring of production systems that hosts Fischer Identity Management suite of application for customers.
- Hands-on system administration experience is required to perform day-to-day duties as well as to guide team members.
- Work closely with hosting provider to ensure stability, availability, security and reliability of servers.
- Facilitate the required access and support to Solution Support and Implementation Teams to perform their daily duties while maintaining the security and change control in place.
- Ensure and monitor backup by hosting provide and periodically test backup.
- Ensure DR site replication regularly and test DR site periodically.
- Ensure Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat application server, Directory server and PostgreSQL database servers are working.
- Monitor servers and applications for performance and work with Development Team to tune infrastructure and product.
- Automated monitoring through scripts and other monitoring tools.
- Harden all servers and applications for security.
- Ensure all servers and infrastructure components are updated with security and performance related patches.
- Ensure security measures and change controls are not breached.
- Facilitate third party security auditing of server, application and network components.
- Setup infrastructure including web servers, application servers, load balancer, fire wall etc., for new customer on-boarding.
- Perform basic DBA activities on PostgreSQL database.
- 5+ years of experience in server support, technical support and problem resolution.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with production servers and infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience with flavors of Linux. Knowledge of UNIX flavors is a plus.
- Strong scripting knowledge in shell, Perl etc.
- Strong knowledge of Web and Java application servers like Apache HTTP server and Tomcat server
- Experience in high availability, server hardening, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Experience in Firewall, Load balancer, Intrusion detection is a plus
- Experience with virtualization is a plus
- Experience with databases (like PostgreSQL) is a plus
- Experience in multi-tenant environment is a plus
- Experience in SaaS environment is a plus.
- Experience in creating and implementing processes and procedures
- Good interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work in a fast paced environment with rapid project cycle.
- Experience in motivating and guiding teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Interested individuals should send resume and separate cover letter to email@example.com and enter LEAD SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - NAPLES FL in the subject field, or click here.