Sales Engineer – Westen USA
The SALES ENGINEER provides support for selling Fischer Identity's products and services. This position entails far more than "giving demos." We are seeking individuals who truly enjoy being a product expert, articulating value propositions in a compelling and customer-focused manner, and solving customer challenges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to prospects and customers.
- Explain technical product and service information at the appropriate level to customers, prospects and employees.
- Be an expert on customer-facing and architectural aspects of Fischer solutions
- Discuss the benefits of Fischer solutions related to the prospect's business challenges
- Confidently discuss identity management in business and technical terms
- Interview prospects to generate Professional Services quotes
- Identify and incorporate new use cases into Fischer's Proof of Concept (POC) Environment
- Design and execute proof of concepts
- Evaluate, profile, and position competitive technologies
- Communicate with technical teams during the pre-sales and onboarding process
- Identify and submit market-driven product enhancements
- Assist in the development of proposals, RFP responses, collateral, and presentations
- Understand product offering
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors
- Ability to travel when necessary
EDUCATION and TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- 3+ years as sales engineer for network security solution
- 2+ years in the Information Security Field (Pre-Sales or Delivery)
- 3+ years hands-on experience with enterprise directories (e.g., Active Directory, Sun, Fedora, etc.)
- 2+ years experience using Salesforce.com (or other CRM tool)
- Enterprise software installation: Windows Server Family, Unix/Linux, Solaris 8 (and higher)
- Database administration: performed backup, installation, clustering activities with MSSQL, Oracle, mySQL
- Directory administration: possesses LDAP knowledge, and understands the $changetype command structure utilized by LDAP servers to process objects
- Programming skills (desirable): Java
- Identity management product knowledge (desirable): user provisioning, password management, single sign-on, privileged account access, federation
- Customer application knowledge (desirable): PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, SaaS/Cloud apps
- Application Server experience (desirable): Apache, IIS, etc.
- Vertical expertise (desirable): higher education, retail, state/local government
- Excellent communication and complex problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills: can convincingly and clearly convey information to executive and technical audiences, and persuade others to change their minds or consider the advantages of alternate solutions
- Decisive; can quickly make recommendations based on understanding the client's technical environment, business goals, and pain points
- Analytical: can think in logical (programmer-like) manner
- Responsiveness: quickly follows up with prospects, sales directors, etc.
- Quickly develop deep product knowledge of Fischer solution, value propositions
- Strong time management skills and can work independently
- Active Learning. Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring. Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking. Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving. Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management. Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Coordination. Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Instructing. Teaching others how to do something, when needed.
- Negotiation. Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service Orientation. Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness. Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Personal Interaction. requires work with others in a group or team and at all levels of management
- Requires work with external customers or the public. On occasion, requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people.
Interested individuals should send resume and separate cover letter to email@example.com and enter SALES ENGINEER - Western USA in the subject field, or click here.